Wow… haven’t written here in a while! But one of my new years’ resolutions (one of many) is to keep up with this blog!
Being a mommy is the BEST job ever. I love love love it! I have had a few trying moments, ups and downs, moments of being crazy lady, but I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
My two, handsome men
Here are just a few of the many things I’ve learned in the past 15 weeks.
1. Nursing does NOT immediately make you lose all the pregnancy weight. Next time around, I’ll go easier on the cake and ice cream.
2. Hold your baby as often as you’d like. You cannot spoil a newborn baby.
3. Rock your baby to sleep. Having your baby cuddle to sleep on your chest is one of the best feelings in the whole world.
4. Baby poo smells like buttered popcorn. I will never again eat buttered popcorn.
5. Close diapers tighter than you think necessary.
6. I don’t need to change my clothes every time I’m pooed, drooled, or barfed on. If I did, I’d be doing laundry all day, every day.
7. If you are feeling like a lonely house-mom, go to Target at 10 AM. It is the Wonderful Land of Moms and Babies.
8. It is a good day if I get to have a shower, brush my teeth, and eat lunch. It is an excellent day if I also get to do my hair and put on real clothes.
9. Keep the camera ready at all times.
10. I can function on a lot less sleep than I ever thought possible.
Here is my little pumpkin!! What a face!!!